How to Cook a Whole Duck
- Score the skin all over in a cross pattern. Try not to pierce the meat.
- Season with garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, thyme and baste with oil.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Pull out duck and baste oil and fat over skin and cook uncovered for another 30 min.
- Duck is finished when juices run clear or temperature in thigh is 165
Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts
- 6 skinless duck breasts
- 1 package italian salad dressing mix
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 lb bacon
- Brine duck breasts is salt water for 30 min, dry with paper towels and place in pan. Combine dressing, worcestershire sauce, garlic, and cloves and pour over breasts. Refrigerate overnight
- Remove breasts from pan and wrap in 2 slices of bacon
- Place in broiling pan and broil for about 5 min on each side
BBQ Crock Pot Duck
- 2 skinless duck breasts
- 1.5 cups of ketchup
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground hot red pepper flakes
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
Mix all ingredients (except duck breasts) in crock pot and stir well. Then add duck and coat well with sauce. Cook 3-4 hours or until done. Shred or cut up breasts and serve with sauce.